After set visits, interviews, and exclusive photos over the past several months, Steve Weintraub and Collider have dumped a cavalcade of news and information regarding Deadpool.
There are more trivia tidbits about the upcoming Ryan Reynolds superhero film than anyone needs or cares to know, but here are a few of the highlights:
- They will break the fourth wall.
- Cable will more than likely appear in the sequel.
- Stan Lee will have his standard cameo.
- There could be between 800 and 900 visual effect shots.
- Deadpool exists in the X-Men universe.
- They are trying their hardest to stay faithful to the source comics.
- The film will not be shy towards its R rating or the violent nature of the character.
- 80s and 90s music will be a big player on the soundtrack.
Aside from the laundry list of trivia news and easter egg hints, Weintraub interviewed Ryan Reynolds and director Tim Miller on the Vancouver set. Here is that interview in total.
New set photos from Deadpool have also been released, showing Reynolds’ Wade Wilson undergoing a little surgery and Reynolds and Miller discussing a scene:
Deadpool will hit theaters this February 12.