Comic-Watch recently discovered and reported that Valiant Entertainment was shuttering its NYC offices. Despite Valiant’s innocuous response when asked for comment (see below), the move prompted some speculation that the publisher was on the cusp of more serious changes.
“All Valiant employees have been operating remotely since March. Nothing is more important than making sure Valiant’s employees are safe during this pandemic, so they will continue to work from home for the foreseeable future and business will continue to operate at 100%. – Valiant Entertainment, August 4th, 2020
Today, Valiant has released a new statement further expanding on their plans to restructure and reorganize in a COVID-19 world. With the announcement, Valiant appears to be shifting focus from publishing comics to leveraging its IP’s for expansion into other, presumably more profitable, mediums. You can read the full announcement from Valiant below.
What do you think? Is this simply a smart business move by Valiant, or a belt tightening reaction to an increasingly troubled comics market? Let us know what you think in the Comments section, and please share this post on social media using the links below.
Valiant Entertainment- August 2020
Nothing is more important than the safety of our team during these unpredictable times, and as such, we have continued to operate remotely since mid-March due to Covid-19.
As a part of our long-term strategy that brings Publishing, TV and Film closer together, we are restructuring our New York City/Los Angeles offices as well as transitioning new roles within the organization to optimize Valiant��s business priorities. In LA, Valiant has hired comic book industry veteran, David Wohl as a Senior Editor, who bring decades of experience to the team, and in NYC the Manhattan offices will be moving to a new location within the city, which is under construction and scheduled to be completed in the Fall 2020.
The future of Valiant Entertainment will continue to adapt, update and innovate across all platforms including comics, feature films, novels, and videogames giving fans the very best from our connected universe.
The latest from Valiant:
– November 2020 will see the return of X-O Manowar #2 from NY Times Best-Selling author, Dennis “Hopeless” Hallum and superstar artist Emilo Laiso. PLUS the return of Ninjak in 2021 featuring the dream team of Jeff Parker and Javier Pulido. Fans, new and old alike, should stay tuned as these are just a harbinger to many more announcements from Valiant in the coming months for iconic characters including Shadowman, Savage, and more!
– Announced in March, a re-master of the classic 1999 Shadowman game from Nightdive Studios is on the way. Release date is TBA (so keep an eye out for the A…)
– Published in July, a brand-new young adult novel, Faith: Taking Flight, with HarperCollins Publishers imprint Balzer + Bray, from New York Times bestselling author Julie Murphy is available today.
– Valiant Entertainment is teaming up with Blowfish Studios to develop a slate of all-new action packed video games with the popular characters from Valiant’s Superhero Universe. This will mark the first multi-platform Valiant video games since Acclaim’s acquisition of the company back in the 90’s.
– Released in theaters and on VOD today, Bloodshot (Sony), starring international action star Vin Diesel made its silver screen debut at #1 worldwide; Harbinger (Paramount) is currently in the works with a 2021 projected release.