‘Justice League’ hit theaters two weeks ago with a solid ‘eh,’ but fans hold out hope for a secret Zack Snyder cut of the film as the Joss Whedon reshoots are apparent and don’t blend well with the bulk of the movie.
There is even a petition out there with 146,000 signatures on it urging Warner Bros. to release Snyder’s version of the film.
VFX artist from the ‘Justice League’ hosted an AMA on Reddit and stated there will be no director’s cut of the film.
“The film is found in the edit process, rarely does a director start shooting with the entire film plotted out. Some things work, some things don’t. There is no Snyder cut – obviously, he had a rough edit in process when he left in February, but the reshoots were done six months after that, and he had no final version of the film. Sure, Zack would’ve probably done things differently to how the movie turned out, but that’s it. There isn’t a secret Zack version hidden somewhere. It just doesn’t exist. There is no cut.”
Here is a list of other details about cutscenes and reshoots:
• Alfred’s “let’s hope your not too late” cut scene from the trailer is addressing Superman. No one else. It’s funny because it was cut a few weeks before the trailer came out, so we were like “ugh” when it was in the trailer.
• The cut hologram scene is also Superman Not Supergirl or any bullshit like that.
• The cutscene of Flash breaking through the glass is from a scene where he’s rushing to save Iris from a Car Crash with a hot dog van. It was cut fairly early on when Famuyiwa bailed on Flash as Kiersey Clemons was cast due to his involvement. It’s currently being worked on again to remove Clemons and replace her with a random woman for the home release. Whether that means an extended version or just for deleted scenes, I don’t know. I expect Clemons will be recast.
• The original after credit scene that was shot in principal photography was Bruce being woken in the night in his lake house by a green light and being visited by Tomar Re and Kilowog. It was cut fairly early on during post.
• My friends all worked on the beard removal shots. Now, nobody was happy about these having to be done in the first place – it’s a ludicrous notion and had to be done in only 3 months over 4 vfx companies. A massive task, and Warner Bros were thoughtless not to push the film back based on this alone. The initial idea was to shave Henry’s beard, and then WB would foot the bill for the VFX of adding the beard back in for Paramount’s MI6. This was tested on existing shots from Zack’s principal photography and very successful – adding a beard as opposed to removing one is a walk in the park. It’s essentially body track, groom/fur SIM and lighting/comp as opposed to rebuilding a man’s entire fucking face. Despite the success, Paramount said fuck off and beard removal was the only option. Why they couldn’t just stick a false tache on him in MI6, we’ll never know.
What did you think of LDN_Film insider comments? What did you think of ‘Justice League?’ Sound off in the comment section below.