“You are Detective Sebastian Castellanos and at your lowest point. But when given a chance to save your daughter, you must enter a world filled with nightmares and discover the dark origins of a once-idyllic town to bring her back. Horrifying threats emerge from every corner as the world twists and warps around you. Will you face adversity head on with weapons and traps, or sneak through the shadows to survive? This is your one chance at redemption, and the only way out is in.”
If you thought the horrors of ‘Evil Within’ had died in the final level – you were wrong. Sebastian Castellanos is back. Unfortunately so are the things that go bump in the night.
A History Of Evil
A sequel to 2014 horror game ‘The Evil Within’,will launch October 13 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Bethesda announced during its E3 press conference. The hit horror game from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami will simply be called ‘The Evil Within 2’.
The game will be continuing the adventure of Sebastian Castellanos, protagonist of The Evil Within. It has been confirmed that the story will be set three years after the events of the first game. There will be direct links between the story from the first game with Sebastian having to re-enter STEMS to save his daughter. The trailer shows a good mix of stealth and gun combat – staples of the first game.
Details are still scarce as to any player upgrades, however, the game play trailer shows sharper graphics than it’s predecessor. The teaser also shows smoother player movements and of course blood, gore and monsters. Lots and lots of monsters. The official site for the game teases;
- Story of Redemption – Return to the nightmare to win back your life and the ones you love.
- Discover Horrifying Domains – Explore as far or quickly as you dare, but prepare wisely.
- Face Disturbing Enemies – Survive the onslaught of horrifying creatures determined to rip you apart.
- Choose How to Survive – Craft traps, sneak, run and hide, or try to battle the horror with limited ammo.
- Visceral Horror and Suspense – Enter a frightening world filled with anxiety-inducing thrills and disturbing moments.
As both the teaser and trailer show – while ammo might be in short supply – the horror certainly wont.
‘The Evil Within 2’ will be getting a Friday 13th October release on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Were you a fan of the first game? What do you think of this news? Sound off in the comments below.