GET YOUR COPY OF MFR: THE MAGAZINE #3
Adrian is a man tormented by ghastly waking nightmares. Pushed to a point of desperation, he reluctantly turns to past life regression hypnotherapy as a means of understanding and treating the unwanted visions. When his consciousness is cast back through time, Adrian witnesses a scene of horrific debauchery and diabolism before waking up. But Adrian’s more unsettled than before and something dark and unnatural has followed him back… Now Adrian finds himself descending into a world of occult conspiracy, mystery, reincarnation, and insanity—from which there is no escape.
Written by: Cullen Bunn
Art by: Danny Luckert
Colors and Lettering by: Marie Enger
Published by Image Comics
Image Comics has been releasing some of the best horror comics in the business, and now we can add one more to their ever growing list of fright. Regression by Cullen Bunn, Danny Luckert, and Marie Enger is one terrifying trip. It’s expertly paced, shockingly gory, and straight up disturbing. Read on for 11 reasons that Regression #1 will give you nightmares!
- Cullen Bunn’s very real characters and their honest terror and what they see.
- The most effective use of bugs for gross-out since Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom.
- The very tense, focused pacing that builds the horror and suspense.
- Luckert and Enger’s way of illustrating hypnotic transitions with panel shapes and linework.
- The emotions captured in the character’s faces by the art team.
- The liability and vulnerability of main character Adrian.
- The beautiful splash image on page 12 (see it below!).
- How subtle coloring completely moves the mood and atmosphere from real to surreal.
- The “Lovecraftian” feel that hangs over the entire tale.
- Effective and disturbing gore (not an easy thing to achieve in a comic)
- That shocking and terrifying ending (I’ll give you a hint. Think Alien or Cronenberg-like body horror).
There you have it. If you’re a fan of very psychological AND physical driven horror, pick this book up when it comes out. I guarantee it’s going to be the next big horror hit.
Regression #1 hits stores on Wednesday, May 10th.