The Current Line-Up Is Good But A Women’s Money In The Bank Could Be Better!
I’m taking nothing away from how talented WWE’s women are now but there is an era with even more star-power! Think back to the very first Money In The Bank Ladder match at Wrestlemania 21. This was right in the middle of the “Ruthless Aggression Era” and featured some of the best female wrestlers ever. Those women facing off in a ladder match for a chance at the Women’s Championship would’ve torn the roof off any arena.
Below is the eight women I would fantasy book in a Money In The Bank ladder match. The only rule is the wrestler must’ve been an employee of WWE around the time of the “Ruthless Aggression Era” (2002-2008).
– Gail Kim’s time in WWE is short compared to others. Though, the time spent is impressive. Seeing her technical style tested in a gimmick match would’ve added depth to her character. Gail Kim came into her own later but a ladder match could’ve started it.
– The most recent female inductee to the Hall of Fame is one of the best powerhouses of all time. Beth Phoenix also wrestled in one of the best ladders matches during her run in OVW. That experience puts her as my pick to win this Money In The Bank ladder match.
– Molly Holly retired right before the first Money In The Bank ladder match but she’s too good to not mention. She is very well the most underrated female wrestler of all time. In this match, Molly Holly would adapt and shine like she did in everything else.
– During this time, Victoria wasn’t the lady to mess with. If it was hardcore matches or comedic moments, Victoria did it all. I’d imagine a ladder match is a place where our favorite crazy lady could do some real damage.
– Melina debuted shortly after the first Money in the Bank match and quickly rose to fame. First as a manager and then as a formidable competitor. She’d play the part of a sneaky villain in this match and try to steal the win from everyone.
– Mickie James is the only woman on this list still wrestling for WWE. That alone proves why she should’ve been in a history-making female ladder match. Going into a match like this, Mickie Jamie can be the odds-on favorite.
– No other female wrestler pairs with a ladder quite like Lita. As part of Team Extreme, Lita earned her status as the Queen of Extreme. Any great Money in the Bank match has at least one memorable spot and the daredevil Lita would provide that for us.
– You can’t talk about women in WWE and not mention Trish Stratus. Trish elevated every match she was in. A Money in the Bank ladder match is another place where she could make history. She’d easily win this if she can pull her focus away from arch-enemy Lita.
What do you think of my lineup for a “Golden Era” Women’s Money in the Bank match?
Let me know in the comments below and tell me your picks!