Black Panther hits digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere on May 8 and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on May 15.
Marvel Studios loaded the home release with commentary from director Ryan Coogler; deleted scenes; outtakes; and several making-of featurettes, which detail the Black Panther’s evolution, the remarkable women of Wakanda, the history of T’Challa’s proud nation, and the cosmic origin and technological applications of vibranium. Also included are a roundtable discussion with “Black Panther” filmmakers and writers; a featurette tracing the countless connections between heroes, characters, and storylines within the Marvel Cinematic Universe; and an exclusive sneak peek at Ant-Man and the Wasp.
• Director’s Intro
• From Page to Screen: A Roundtable Discussion – Delve into the film’s making
• Crowning of a New King – Explore the world of “Black Panther” in all its color and complexity
• The Warriors Within – Get to know Wakanda’s women and the actors who portray them
• The Hidden Kingdom Revealed – Wakanda’s diverse people
• Wakanda Revealed: Exploring the Technology
• Gag Reel
• Exclusive Sneak Peek at “Ant-Man and The Wasp”
• Marvel Studios the First Ten Years: Connecting the
• Director’s Commentary
U.N. Meet and Greet
Okoye And W’Kabi Discuss the Future of Wakanda
T’Challa Remembers His Father
Voices from the Past
In World Wakanda Tourism Ads
• Come to Wakanda “Before”
• Come to Wakanda “After”
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
• The Multiscreen Edition (formerly the Blu-ray Combo Pack) includes Blu-ray, and a Digital copy, giving viewers the flexibility to watch the film on different devices.
4K UHD Collector’s Edition
• Dolby Vision delivers greater brightness and contrast, as well as a fuller palette of vibrant colors.
• Dolby Atmos places and moves audio anywhere in the room, including overhead.
What home theater experience do you prefer? Comment below.
About the film:
After the events of Marvel’s ‘Captain America: Civil War,’ King T’Challa returns home to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country’s new leader. However, T’Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne from factions within his own country. When two foes conspire to destroy Wakanda, the hero known as Black Panther must team up with C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross and members of the Dora Milaje, Wakanadan special forces, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.
Black Panther is directed by Ryan Coogler, from a script Coogler wrote with Joe Robert Cole, and stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, and Andy Serkis. Black Panther was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.