TIDAL announced it’s premium tier on Monday, but are consumers willing to spend money in an already competitive digital music industry?
Comment below with your opinion.
Complete details on TIDAL’s premium tier below:
TIDAL, the first High Fidelity lossless music streaming service with HD music videos and Curated Editorial, announced today a Premium tier to its service.
The ideal music service for those who care about quality, TIDAL welcomes new users to enjoy its extensive library of 25 million-plus tracks, 75,000 music videos, and curated editorial articles, features and interviews written by experts. Ad free and available for a monthly subscription of $9.99 or $19.99, via www.tidal.com or download the app from iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store.
New apps available from today highlight TIDAL as a one-stop shop for music and video experiences for consumers everywhere. Videos move into a more prominent position and join the Curated Editorial footprint on TIDAL’s What’s New Homepage, in Promo features and a dedicated section. TIDAL is a single destination for artists and fans to share ideas, exclusive content, songs, videos, studio sessions, rough tracks, personal conversations and more. New Artist pages feature a separate Video tab, a Social tab integrating Twitter feeds from a range of prominent artists, and a Merchandise tab for selected artists, where users can purchase merchandise through the official artist store. Tracks, albums and EPs have been merged into a new Discography tab.
TIDAL has spent considerable time building up its extensive catalogue of lossless HiFi-quality music and HD music videos.
Available across iOS and Android devices, as well as in web browser and desktop players, TIDAL offers high fidelity, lossless sound quality to enjoy music the way it was intended by your favorite artists. Streaming at more than four times the bit rate of competitive services, users are able to enjoy TIDAL on a wide range of the world’s finest home and portable audio products. Partnership and integration agreements have already been made with over 30 of the world’s most respected audio brands, see complete list below.
Notes to Editors
TIDAL music streaming experience at a glance:
- More than 25 million music tracks
- Lossless sound quality (FLAC/ALAC 44.1kHz / 16 bit – 1411 kbps)
- More than 75,000 music videos
- Curated Editorial provided by experienced music journalists and industry experts
- Dedicated apps available for iOS and Android phones and tablets
- Web player for PC/MAC
- Anthem, Airable by Tune In Media, Astell &Kern, Audeze, Audiovector, AudioQuest, Auralic, Aurender, Bel Canto, Bluesound & NAD, Dan D’Agostino, Definitive Technology, Denon HEOS, DTS Play-Fi, Dynaudio, Electrocompaniet, Harman Omni, HiFiAkademie, ickStream, JH Audio, Linn, Lode, McIntosh, Meridian, MartinLogan, Paradigm, Polk, Pro-ject, PS Audio, Raumfeld, Simple Audio, Sonos, Steinway Lyngdorf, Wadia, Wren Sound Systems with more to come.
Source: TIDAL Media