Which Queen Made It Out Of Snatch Game On Top?
Snatch Game from Season 9 is going to one of the most forgettable in ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race‘ history. With such a memorable cast, there were some high hopes but most of the contenders fell flat. While there were some standouts, the majority didn’t click.
Two weeks ago, I made Snatch Game predictions. Find them by clicking here!
Below is a power ranking of all the performances from Snatch Game.
10. Cynthia Lee Fontaine as Sofia Vergara
– There’s a reason Cynthia went home because of this performance. It’s just horrible. For her to have multiple years to work on this, it’s sad she couldn’t do anything with Sofia Vergara. Relying on her thick accent wasn’t enough and this ended up sending her home.
9. Farrah Moan as Gigi Gorgeous
– As soon as Farrah was announced to be playing Gigi Gorgeous, most fans wrote her off instantly. It’s a unique choice for Snatch Game but she couldn’t make it funny. Farrah Moan is lucky she had a great Madonna runway look because this was bottom 2 material.
8. Peppermint as Nene Leakes
– Poor Peppermint. Her performance as Nene Leakes was hard to watch. You can tell she was in her head and it caused her to stumble. Even her look wasn’t so striking, nothing really screamed Nene. Thankfully, Peppermint does a solid lip-sync!
7. Aja as Alyssa Edwards
Other than having some terrifying makeup, there’s nothing memorable about this. To write this article, I even had to look up who Aja was for Snatch Game. If the other’s weren’t as bad as they were, Aja would’ve been in the bottom because of this horrid Alyssa Edwards impersonation.
6. Trinity Taylor as Amanda Lepore
– Based on the looks alone, Trinity Taylor’s Amanda Lepore was a knockout. Instantly recognizable and nailed some mannerisms, Trinity did just find. She didn’t impress too much but didn’t bomb so she’s placed firmly in the middle.
5. Valentina As Miss Colombia
– As soon as you saw Valentina’s look, it earned some laughs. Even her first few jokes were good but comedy is obviously not her strong suit. The Miss Colombia gimmick also feels slightly dated by the time of airing so that hurt the performance as well.
4. Nina Bo’Nina Brown as Jasmine Masters
– One of the predictions I nailed is Nina Bo’Nina Brown as Jasmine Masters. It felt like the obvious choice with Nina’s hilarious Youtube videos but there’s still some doubts. While it wasn’t the show-stealing role that many hoped for, there was plenty of chuckles.
3. Shea Coulee As Naomi Campbell
– Shea Coulee’s Naomi Campbell is one of the best of the night. Almost so good that she should’ve been in the top 3. The look wasn’t as striking as I’d hope but the accent and personality were there. Each week, Shea is showing she’s a top 3 contender.
2. Sasha Velour as Marlene Dietrich
– Why Sasha Velour doubted herself with this performance is beyond me. Usually, these legendary older stars do very well in Snatch Game. The performance wasn’t laugh-out-loud worthy but it was better than most. Also, the Marlene Dietrich look was very on-point.
1. Alexis Michelle as Liza Minelli
– The only other performance I predicted correctly, Alexis Michelle as Liza was the best of the season. It’s going to be one of the best of all time because it’s just that good. From the look to the quirks, Alexis nailed everything.
Check out this week’s episode of Untucked for more Snatch Game shade.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Who are your favorite from Season 9’s Snatch Game?