One of the most entertaining and interactive press roundtables at New York Comic Con 2015 was with Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer at the ADULT SWIM: The Venture Brothers press block. For those unaware, Publick and Hammer are the creators of The Venture Brothers, which has done five seasons since 2003, with a few TV specials sprinkled about, over the last twelve years.
The two creators sat down and gave some hints about season six, as well as reflecting on character deaths, their writing process and how they reach some of the most memorable quotes, from this phenomenal and sometimes underrated show.
Here are some highlights and if you’d like, at the bottom of the article will be the entire recording of the press block if you want to listen to the roundtable in full.
- Seasons six of The Venture Brothers will consist of 8 episodes.
- Season six will start directly after the All This And Gargantua 2 special.
- There will be no “Order of the Triad” for season six, Hammer stated, “This season coming up is very Order of the Triad shy.”
- In regards to Jonas Venture, “No he’s pretty dead. He’s as dead as anyone in the show, probably more dead than 24.” “Which is pretty damn dead.” “He is so dead.”
- Hammer, “I’ll give you a spoiler, that’s just episode one the door opens, like what the f***.”, when talking about the promotional picture.
- There will be “Bieber” Hank.
- Publick and Hammer talk to each other in the character’s voices, in order to gauge how funny it’ll be. Publick, “Certain things are only funny because it’s coming out of one of those idiots mouths.”
- Hammer, “We don’t really write together, we create together and write separately.”
- From what it sounds like, there will be a great scene featuring The Monarch pissing in a sink coming up in the upcoming season.
- It seems like Doc Hammer’s favorite jokes don’t get quoted or noticed the way he thought they would, it other jokes or gems.
- Doc Hammer register’s Doctor Girlfriends voice as a real person, not a character when he uses it.
- Henry Killinger lasted longer than they originally thought as a character.
- In regards to the question, what will surprise fans the most, Hammer stated, “That we can change everything, but it’ll still feel like The Venture Brothers.”
Official description for The Venture Bros. Season 6:
Location, location, location! Perfectly situated in the heart of New York City, Season 6 of The Venture Bros. is a billionaire’s dream come true, offering the discerning buyer top-of-the-line drama and panoramic danger in every direction. Super–scientists, bring your loofah! Relax and unwind from a long day in the lab in your luxurious, spa-like, master bath, where floor-to-ceiling windows offer spectacular views of approaching enemies from every direction. This 8 episode, 3 BR, @ BA stunner comes with its own dedicated robot, plus servants’ quarters for the live-in bodyguard.