With So Much To Offer At DragCon, Here’s A Quick Cheat Sheet!
Looking at all the guests and panels for RuPaul’s DragCon NYC is overwhelming. There is so much going on at the event, but don’t fret, I’ve made a cheat sheet! These picks are only a small sampling of what you can do at RuPaul’s DragCon NYC.
Check their official site at RupaulsDragcon.com for all the panels and information.
1. Welcome/Grand Entrance
– You can’t miss the opening of DragCon! If it’s anything like the last event, it will be very memorable. Expect to see the mother of DragCon, Rupaul, at the grand opening! With this being the first time the event is in NYC, this is a major deal for everyone involved. Does the East Coast have the Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent to keep up?
2. Joanne, The Scammer (Panel & Meet)
– Honestly. Truly. Joanne scammed her way into DragCon! The viral sensation is not only there to meet the fans but will be doing a panel as well. Joanne, The Scammer, recently took over Britain, and now it looks like NYC is next on her scam list. Fans can expect to learn how to live a beautiful “Caucasian lifestyle” like Joanne.
3. WOWPresents: UNHhhh
– Fans know and love UNHhhh, the YouTube show starring Katya and Trixie Mattel, but they are in for a treat when Bob The Drag Queen steps in for Katya! In a show that is “whatever we want,” these two will surely put on quite the spectacle. Bob The Drag Queen being a New Yorker makes for the perfect treat to the hometown crowd as well.
4. The Boulet Brothers’ DRAGULA Season 2
– The Boulet Brothers plan to unleash their spooky second season of Dragula. This ghoulish duo took the Internet by storm with their alternative version of Drag Race; it even ranked on IMDB’s “Best of the Year” list. Season 1 winner Vander Von Odd joins Meatball as the moderators, and hope to spill all the bloody details about Season 2.
5. Bust The Internet: Social Media Creators
– Don’t just break the Internet, bust it up! Creating content through social media isn’t easy so that this panel will give tips and tricks to the trade. Highlights of this group include Internet superstar TS Madison and Daniel Franzese of ‘Looking‘ & ‘Mean Girls‘ fame. If you love social media, do not miss this fantastic event!
6. Pushing Buttons: Gay Gamers Panel
– What better way to play video games than in drag? Okay, maybe there is a more comfortable way, but there is no fiercer way! This panel includes comedian Kid Fury and three RuPaul’s Drag Race alum: Jade Sotomayor, Jade Jolie, and Pandora Boxx. Maybe one of the queens will do a “Let’s Play” during the panel.
7. Pow! Boom! Zap!: Comic Book Queeroes
– As Monkeys Fighting Robots is a site with a major focus on comics, this panel is perfect for our readers. Jiggly Caliente and Sonique are both Drag Race alum, so that brings a unique touch to this nerd-perfect event. This group also includes Marvel writer Gabby Rivera and writer/artist Phil Jimenez.
8. Drag Does Fashion Week: A Fashion Affair
– For fans of fashion and drag, nothing will top this panel. The very fact that fashion legends like Issac Mizrahi and Mickey Boardman will be attending sells this alone. Can’t forget the various Drag Race album and the beautiful model Edward Bess. There are tons of fashion runways at DragCon but expect to see some of these queens strut.
9. On Brand Beauty: Beauty Bloggers Tell All
– Some of the biggest beauty gurus on YouTube are taking over DragCon! Jeffree Star, Laura Lee, and Manny MUA will be dishing all the dirt on YouTube and the beauty community. The trio will also appear at Jeffree Star’s massive booth, where you can buy all of Jeffree’s makeup. The pink-haired artist is one of the major sponsors for the event!
10. Judgy Judies: Behind the Judge’s Bench
– Some of the most notable judges in Drag Race her-story are coming together to dish their favorite moments and spill some tea. Michelle Visage will attempt to moderate this madness, but even she will have too much fun to keep this on track. Awesome to see another YouTuber like Todrick Hall find a place on such a major panel.
Who are you looking forward to meeting at DragCon the most? What panel do you need to see? Let me know in the comments below!
RuPaul’s DragCon will be in New York, New York at the Javits Center on September 9th and 10th. Check out the website for ticket information.