The Comics Journal 152, part 2 – we continue comparing and contrasting mainstream and alternative comics. Chris Claremont, Alan Moore, Evan Dorkin, and David Mazzucchelli talk about their experiences inside and outside of the Marvel/DC machine.
• Chris Claremont’s first big interview after leaving his 17-year position as X-Men writer
• Alan Moore on the current state of comics and culture
• A young Evan Dorkin talks Milk & Cheese, Bill & Ted, Pirate Corps, Deadline magazine, comics retail, Marvel, wrestling, music, and art
• David Mazzucchelli turns self-publisher with Rubber Blanket! He also talks about Daredevil and Batman
• Justin Green’s sketchbook
• The first Artist Edition?
Supplemental links for later viewing:
* Kim Thompson Ronin 1 review (from Comics Journal 82, July 83):
* Vice interview with Issei Sagawa:
Connect with us:
Ed’s Contact info:
Jim’s contact info:
T-shirt shop: https://shop.spreadshirt.com/jimruggart